You may also like:
Eating balanced meals can give you more energy, help keep your body healthy, and help you stay at a good weight. Eat foods from these groups every day:
- Vegetables — Choose dark green and bright red, yellow, and orange veggies.
- Grains — Choose whole grain bread and pasta.
- Meats, Beans, Nuts, and Other Proteins — Choose lean meats. Limit red meats. Remove skin and fat from meat and chicken.
- Fruit — Fresh fruit is best. Drink juice made from 100% fruit.
- Dairy Foods — Choose low-fat and non-fat products. Soy and rice milk can be dairy substitutes. Choose hard cheeses over soft cheeses.
Learn more about balancing your plate, measuring serving sizes, and choosing healthy snacks throughout the day. Download Eating to Feel Your Best. The brochure also includes meal planning ideas.
There are 1,440 minutes in every day. Try to spend 30 minutes doing a physical activity! Being active can help you have more energy, less stress, and better sleep. Feel like you’re too busy to exercise? Try everyday activities like taking the stairs …
Keeping your body healthy is important, but your mental health also plays a large role in your overall well-being. There are many ways you can take care of your mental health …
You are an active part of your healthcare team. So whether you have a routine checkup with your doctor or you’re seeing a specialist for the first time, it is important to ask questions and make sure you clearly understand your doctor’s advice and instructions …